So far, most businesses use SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to make their websites more appealing to search engines. It can be denied that it is one of the most successful strategies for increasing website traffic and expanding your reach. To stay ahead of the competition and adapt to ever-changing algorithms, you'll need to cover all of your website basics. Here are four SEO techniques that are often overlooked, but they definitely can help increase your website’s rankings.
On your websites, not all of your pages have high traffic. To increase your website’s ranking, you should improve not only your popular pages but also the uncommon ones. One of the best methods to improve SEO rankings for them is using internal links. You can use internal links from pages with good traffic to those with lower hits. However, you have to make sure that the contents are related.
Since the users come and read the related content based on the internal links that you put on your pages, you can improve the organic traffic of your entire website and your page’s ranking as well.
Backlinks will show the search engines how popular your website is and who connects to your site. The more well-known your sites are, the higher your site's ranking is. However, not all backlinks benefit your sites. There might be several backlinks placed on uncredible websites that cause you obstacles, they are negative backlinks. When you have many backlinks like that, the search engines will reduce your ranking. Here are the reasons why you may receive negative backlinks:
- Using blackhat SEO practices: you may receive negative backlinks if you purchase links and spam.
- Becoming popular: when your sites become more and more popular, many other sites want to connect for a good frame. If those sites are good, there is nothing more to say. However, in the case those sites are less trustworthy, the search engines will recognize and reduce your ranks.
- Being competed unfairly: When your websites reach the popular, rivals may intentionally post your links on spammy sites to damage your ranks.
Depending on the cause, we will have different treatment methods. If it is because a competitor or someone else has placed links wrong, you can check on Google Search Console to see which websites are linking and disavow which you feel are not good. If you use blackhat, you should stop doing it.
Add ADA Compliant to Your Website
Each country will have general compliance aimed at protecting individuals or organizations. Depending on your target market, you'll need to find and implement those. For example, in America, there is the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). With this act, you can add alternative text or subtitles to not only fit the disabled people but diversify your SEO.
When you follow these statutes, your content will be enriched. From that, the search engines will grade your SEO better.
Optimize Voice Search
Technology is changing, especially in terms of voice technology. This leads to more and more people searching by voice. If you skip this, you're missing out on something potential. However, there are several things that you should keep in mind when you do voice search optimization:
- Length: When searching by voice, people tend to ask with more words than to write. Therefore, the search keywords will also become longer than usual. To be able to catch up, you should optimize for long-tail keywords.
- Local: You should focus on local content. Because when searching by voice, they tend to search for something nearest by geo location.
- In-needed content: as I said above, voice search will lead to longer keywords that describe more details exactly. Therefore, you can predict what content customers want to find or are interested in.
There's no denying that these tactics are small and easy to be overlooked. However, as people said: “Many a little makes a mickle”, so pay your attention and follow these practices to improve your SEO rankings. Good luck!